Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Clubhouse Creation


  It's been many months since our little backyard had any attention so I made it today's project.  I swept and tidied the tiny patio.

I trimmed the grapevines.  I carried 3 loads of grass-cuttings, Christmas tree clippings, and grapevine trimmings to the garbage dumpsters down the road.  Then I tackled the cellar.  I swept out the spider webs and reorganized nearly everything to make room for the kids to play down there.  In the past we've never allowed the kids down in the cellar but with the new arrangement, the paint, tree saw, lighter fluid and other dangerous things are hopefully out of reach behind chain link. 


And now there's even room on the shelves for a few of their toys.  The kids promptly renamed the cellar "The Clubhouse" and set to making it inhabitable.



Then I finished off the job by mowing the lawn.


Ahhh...that's much better.  We don't have much backyard space but we have made the best of what we have.  Now the cellar...I mean, clubhouse... gives the kids a little more room to play and pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment