Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Power of Community

Yesterday we returned from a two-day church retreat held in the Carpathian Mountains about an hour from our town.  It was a great time of fellowship and learning.  I think the total count of participants was 42 including two infants.  This, our fourth annual church retreat, was the largest so far.

George led four sessions on community including accepting one another, encouraging one another and living in harmony with one another.  In small groups we discussed questions and performed skits to demonstrate different aspects of what we learned.  I think it was all very good but the "final exam" comes in actually living it out.

Most of our time on the retreat was spent "in community" taking hikes, working on a puzzle, or cooking potatoes in a campfire.  I appreciated the time we could spend together and the conversations we shared.  Although I wouldn't join the kids in saying I'd like to live there forever (the food wasn't that good), I can say that I love these people and am glad God has placed us among them. There's no other place I'd rather be. May He use us to build His Church here in Ukraine!

No comments:

Post a Comment