Sunday, August 5, 2012

New Country

Our vacation is winding down.  We are in Minnesota on our way back to Michigan.  We have spent the last 12 days in South and North Dakota.  Traveling over 3,000 miles (4,800 km), we have seen part of the country never experienced before.
Drive from South Dakota to North Dakota

Mt. Rushmore

 
North Dakota badlands

It was wonderful to spend such quality time with my sister, Lori, her husband, Rolly, and their six beautiful children, Briana, Meghan, Zachary, Rebekah, Courtney and Isabella.
Our two families

Medora Musical

Mt. Rushmore

Petting a baby alligator

Counting nine




We saw herds of wild buffalo (bison) in the National Park

Wild horses

Wild black stallion
My 90 year old grandmother flew in from Oregon to see all of us.  My aunt, uncle, mom, and her boyfriend also joined us.  It was a mini family reunion.
Our family with my grandma, mom, aunt and uncle


Celebrating my sister's and my birthday (try to figure out the reasoning behind the candles!)
George joined Rolly out in their fields to combine barley.




No comments:

Post a Comment