The last couple of weeks have been….I don’t even know a good word for it…. difficult, wearisome, tiring. George had to make 5 trips to our regional capital to get our registration to live in Ukraine. Each time he had to wait for hours before the bureaucrat (oh, I mean “public servant”) would take the time to sign a paper, tell him to go get another stamp, or come back and pay tomorrow. To make matters worse, our van had some strange wheel noise which George had checked out and it proved to be bearings in very bad condition. We were advised to not drive it at all. It would take two weeks to get the part in. So George had to ask a friend to take him all these times to Uzhgorod.
Our internet modem died so we’ve had very spotty to no internet for the past week. Now that we have a new modem it still isn’t working properly. Ugh…
We had our outside wall to the corridor of our apartment building insulated to hopefully stop the growth of mold on our walls. It was supposed to take one week and took two weeks.
We were supposed to have left on Wednesday to travel to Kiev and beyond. Because the part for our car didn’t come in when they thought it would, we are having to delay our trip until Friday. Hopefully the part does arrive on Thursday and the van can be in good working order. We planned to visit good friends in Kiev and George arranged meetings with various people interested in church development. Everything had to get pushed back and rearranged. The landlord for an apartment we reserved in Kiev became problematic and is charging us extra for not arriving when we originally expected to. It’s going to be about a 12 hour drive to Kiev and we’re praying the roads aren’t too bad. The roads in our region are terrible following the winter but maybe the main road to Kiev will be better. I’m just not feeling very optimistic.
It’s been one of those weeks when one problem piles on top of another. It’s one of those weeks when we really want to get away. …And hopefully we will…come end of May.