Saturday, October 23, 2010

What it's All About

Thankfully, the feelings of not wanting to be in Ukraine were quickly replaced by reasons TO BE in Ukraine.  Sure, there are many things that I don't like about life here and those things are not likely to change, but I once again have a renewed sense of purpose and belonging.  This week an acquaintance confided in me and asked me to pray for her.  I was able to encourage a wife of an alcoholic to continue her new-found courage to stop enabling him.  Through my sister's medical advice, I was able to help a woman recover from a bad ear infection that was affecting her hearing.  I am grateful for the opportunities I have to listen to others and pray for them.  If I can help others get a glimpse of how much God loves them and cares for them, then I know that this is where I am meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment